How it works

Find your course
Find your course

Choose the right school and the number of weeks you want to study. If you have any questions – just ask our team.

Book and pay
Book and pay

Fill in a booking form and pay with a credit card, PayPal or through a bank. You can also book accommodation, insurance and airport transfer with us.

Get confirmation
Get confirmation

Once we receive your payment, the school confirms your Offer of Place for the course within 5 working days.


Start your adventure. Don't forget to check your visa requirements before you go.

General English Part Time afternoon General English Part Time afternoon
General English Part Time afternoon
  • 10 hours p/w
  • Auckland Institute of Studies
  • Auckland, New Zealand
from $145NZD per week
General English Part Time afternoon General English Part Time afternoon
General English Part Time afternoon
  • 10 hours p/w
  • Language Studies International (LSI)
  • Auckland, New Zealand
from $150NZD per week
General English Part Time General English Part Time
General English Part Time
  • 8 hours p/w
  • Rotorua English Language Academy (RELA)
  • Rotorua, New Zealand
from $165NZD per week
General English Part Time afternoon General English Part Time afternoon
General English Part Time afternoon
  • 10 hours p/w
  • English Teaching College (ETC)
  • Wellington, New Zealand
from $180NZD per week
Find a Course

If your course is less than three months in duration, you need to apply for a visitor’s visa before coming to New Zealand, unless you are from a visa-waiver country, in which case you can get your visitor’s visa on arrival. Students on visitor’s visa may study up to three months. Some of the countries that are on the visa-waiver list are Brazil, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Spain and Switzerland. For a full list, please go to the website

If you are coming to study for more than three calendar months, you need to apply for a student visa. Student visa applications can be lodged online on If you are studying a short course on a visitor’s visa and would like to study more than three months, you will need to apply for a student visa for the duration of your next course. You can change to student visa without leaving the country.

  1. Passport: a page with photo and your personal details
  2. A recent photo 3.5x4.5 cm
  3. An offer of place from a language school
  4. A bank statement in PDF format which confirms that you have sufficient funds to cover the cost of your course and your living expenses (1,250 NZD per month/15,000 NZD per year).
  5. A job certificate. You need to provide it if the following conditions are met: 1) you have a job; 2) the duration of your course doesn’t exceed 6 months; 3) you are not sponsored by anyone. Otherwise, this document is not compulsory.
  6. Certificates from your previous English courses. This evidence of your previous language experience is significant. Please, don’t ignore it!
  7. Evidence of your tight connections with your home country: a marriage certificate, birth certificates of your children, a real estate certificate etc. These documents show that you are a bona fide student who intends to come back home after the end of a course.

Pre-paid air tickets are not a compulsory part of your visa package unless you are a citizen of a country with low student visa approval rate (less than 80%). Go to for more details.

If you are undertaking a short course on visitor’s visa, you are not allowed to work. If you are applying for a student visa, you may be allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week if your course meets certain criteria, for example:

  • If you are enrolled in an English language courses of at least 14 weeks in duration at a Category 1 institution
  • If your course is at least two years in duration
  • If you are a tertiary exchange student and enrolled in a course of at least one academic year

You may be allowed to work full-time during vacations if you are studying in a full-time programme of at least one academic year in duration. Also, Masters by research and PhD students have unlimited work rights.

Want to learn a new skill on the adventure of a lifetime?

Tambook makes booking English courses in New Zealand and Australia easy and affordable. It’s an amazing platform, with hundreds of schools, thousands of courses, amazing best-price offers, and everything you need to get your adventure started.

Find a Course

Byron Bay

Byron Bay

Beautiful Byron Bay is all about ‘the vibe’. Spectacular beaches are the indisputable highlight of this resplendent town.

Read more


Brisbane is the capital of Queensland and one of the oldest cities in Australia. It combines a luxurious urban metropolis with access to world class beaches and rare wildlife.

Read more

Activities in New Zealand

Tambook reviews

  • Tomas Herrero <small>from Argentina</small>
    Tomas Herrero from Argentina
    A long time ago I got an idea to study English abroad, but it seemed to me a very distant plan considering some financial difficulties and the feeling of getting away from my country and everything what I know. The economic situation in my country was getting worser, I couldn’t see a clear picture of...
  • Eugene <small>from Kazakhstan</small>
    Eugene from Kazakhstan
    Hello! My name is Eugeny. My story begins with a wish to try to work in another country. But the problem was that I didn't know any foreign language. I started to learn it several times, but always had to drop the class for various reasons. I understood that it is almost impossible for me to stu...
  • Cristina <small>from Russia</small>
    Cristina from Russia
    Hi, my name is Cristina, I'm from Russia. I really love to travel and I wanted so much to learn English at a good conversational level. So the idea to go to study English abroad became my dream. I searched so much for a variety of schools in London and the United States, but eventually decided to...
  • Joao Crisostemo De Oliveira <small>from Brazil</small>
    Joao Crisostemo De Oliveira from Brazil
    When I decided to go to New Zealand to study English language I was making an internet surfing and found It was good luck because this web-site provided the best special prices. I contacted the company and got answers to all my questions in my native Portugal language. The booking p...
  • Oleg <small>from Russia</small>
    Oleg from Russia
    My name is Oleg, I am a self-taught programmer from Moscow currently studying English in Auckland. Four years ago I decided to give up a city council position for programming. Despite difficulties of independent learning I faced a real problem – the most recent and reliable sources on programming were...

School reviews

  • Adrian <small>from Switzerland</small>
    Adrian from Switzerland
    Hello, my name is Adrian, I'm from Switzerland and I'm studying at RELA for 3.5 months. New Zealand is the perfect place for improving your own English skills. You can meet people from all over the world, the cities are beautiful and the landscape isjust amazing. I decided to go to RELA beca...
  • Ahmed Abdul Rahman A Yankissar <small>from Saudi Arabia</small>
    Ahmed Abdul Rahman A Yankissar from Saudi Arabia
    Thanks to the great teaching methods and teachers in this college, I achieved a high level of English. ETC has offered me the opportunity to meet students of many nationalities and I have made many friends and have enjoyed spending my time with them, not to mention all the trips and events ETC has o...
  • Aleksandr Glebov <small>from Russia</small>
    Aleksandr Glebov from Russia
    I chose Ntec because of its great central location and good prices. The teachers are brilliant. They are very helpful and provide lots of information about useful websites, places to go out and events in Auckland. I especially enjoy the social activities. That's great opportunity to meet new fri...
  • Aline Fatima <small>from Brazil</small>
    Aline Fatima from Brazil
    Estou estudando General English na International House há 3 meses e posso perceber um grande progresso em minhas habilidades de comunicação. Os professores são muito atenciosos e estão sempre dispostos a nós ajudar. Essa experiência é incrível, principalmente porque posso conhecer diferentes pessoas,...
  • Amr Hussein
    Amr Hussein
    My name is Amr and I’m 25 years old. I graduated from the faculty of commerce in my country. I came to New Zealand to study English and get an English qualification. I will stay in New Zealand for 4 years because I want to go to university. I will study at CCEL for 6 months. I started studying at CC...